Adventure Mining Company strives to provide a safe environment. So, is it safe? We think so! We work there every day. Statistically, you are probably more likely to get injured driving to the mine site than during your visit.
The following highlights a few of our safety precautions:
- Mine is inspected annually by the county mine inspector.
- Underground areas are regularly inspected and maintained.
- Strict emergency procedures are in place and reviewed regularly.
- All training is done in-house to ensure it meets our unique requirements. - Mine personnel carry 2-way radios for emergency and logistic use.
- First Aid kits, spare lights, emergency blankets, etc. are placed at strategic locations throughout underground areas of the mine.
Our mine is also inherently very safe. The rock is extremely stable with almost no extra support needed. There are absolutely no noxious or flammable gases. There are multiple entrances and exits throughout the mine.
Before going underground, each tour is given a safety briefing.
Before rappelling, EVERYONE demonstrates that they understand how to use the equipment. Don't worry, we'll teach you!
A surveyor updates the mine survey so guides can better help with mine maintenance.
Scaling, or checking the walls and ceiling for loose rocks is part of the ongoing maintenance of the mine to keep it safe for tours.